Dental Implants offer an immediate and permanent alternative for missing teeth, dentures, and for people losing their teeth. They are often called “dental screws” “dental posts” or even “dental inplants” – but the correct term is “dental implant”. The most common reasons for having dental implants are:
- the replacement of one, more or all missing teeth
- the replacement of full or partial denture
- to support a ceramic tooth bridge
- to support a fixed denture
Dental Implants are titanium biocompatible rods or screws that are embedded into the jawbone. An extension (called an abutment) is then secured to the dental implant so that a new dental crown can placed on it, giving you the fully functionality and look of natural teeth that will last longer than a lifetime. Implants can fully replace your bridgework, denture or can more efficiently support your bridge or denture than any other method. You can either replace all missing teeth with dental implants, or replace them partially with implants, which can support bridges or a denture resulting in fixed or permanent teeth replacements which function and look like real teeth.
The advantages of dental implantation
- It is the closest theing to a real tooth.
- It has one of the highest success rates among dental restorations
- Ensures comfort in feeling and appearance
- Replaces your dentures so that you can eat, speak and smile well
- Increases the chewing efficiency over denture or other tooth replacement
- Replaces a single tooth avoiding the need to prepare the teeth to support a bridge
- Lasts long and does not decay
Dental Implant Limitations
The primary limiting factor in implant therapy is the amount of bone available to support the implant in the lower or upper jaw. There are a number of tests to assess the amount of bone available, the most common being the use of digital OPG x-ray. If a patient does not have enough bone to support an implant, bone substitution (a bone graft or a sinus lift) can solve that problem.
Good tooth implant brands
Currently, there are over 2000 dental brands available. Although they do vary in price and quality, you can be sure that with Dr. Fester, you’ll have access to some of the worlds best implants at the most affordable cost.
How long does a dental implant last?
Although Dental Implants are guaranteed for 10 years, they will most certainly last a lifetime.